1. Stay calm.
2. A complete bed rest for 24 – 48 hrs relieves back pain in most of the instances. Walk a little every few hours to keep the blood flowing and the muscles toned.
3. Applying vata balancing oil like ksheerabala oil on affected region and Naadi sweda (mild steam bath on affected area ) of affected region relives the pain quickly.
See your doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms:
1. If you are above 50 and sudden onset of severe pain or pain localized to spine
2. Pain due to recent fall or trauma.
3. Pain in hip and leg.
4. Back pain unrelated to posture.
5. Bowel or bladder control problems.
6. Numbness in the groin or rectal area.
7. Extreme weakness in legs.
8. Unsteadiness while walking
9. Fever or weight loss accompanying the pain.
10. Pain that does not lessen over time even after rest